Woodhenge is possibly the site of a wooden building, to the southwest of Durrington just of the A345, and was discovered by the use of aerial photography in 1926. It may have been roofed round the outside and open to the sky in the middle. The timber uprights today are marked with concrete pillars. Its construction was of six concentric rings of posts within an external bank and ditch with an entrance to the northeast. It was built in the Neolithic period and is about- 250 feet (76.2 metres) in diameter. In the centre a child's grave was discovered and Windmill Hill pottery was found on the site .